The month of February has ended. It is time to give out the 3 stars of the Month in the NHL.
G Braden Holtby/Washington Capitals
- Braden Holtby of the Washington Capitals had an incredible month. He started 10 games for the Capitals, winning 9 of them. He posted 2 shutouts in the 10 starts. Holtby had a .932 save percentage over the month, and a 1.69 goals against average, while only allowing 17 goals. Holtby had a great 9-0-1 record during the Month of February.
- An incredible month for the Capitals goaltender. Holtby allowed Washington to extend their point lead on the rest of the Eastern Conference and has Washington riding an incredible hot streak as they haven’t lost at home in 15 games.
- This domination by Holtby and the Capitals in February has made them the clear favorite to win the East and make the Stanley Cup Finals.
RW Patrick Kane/ Chicago Blackhawks
- Patrick Kane had a great month for the Chicago Blackhawks. In the 12 games he played, he put up 19 points with a +/- of 9. Kane had 12 goals and 7 assists in those 12 games for the Blackhawks. He led them to a 9-1-2 record during the month.
- Kane had 2 hat tricks in the last 4 games of the month which moved him into second place in the NHL in points, behind Connor McDavid. Kane had an incredible month of February. Helping Chicago gain points on the number 1 seed Minnesota Wild.
- Chicago will look to make a push in the last part of the season to overtake the number 1 spot in the West and Kane will need to play like the superstar he has been to help them.
LW Filip Forsberg/ Nashville Predators
- Forsberg didn’t dominate the month early like Kane and Holtby did. He however ended the month of February with a bang. He posted 17 points over the month with 11 goals and 6 assists in 12 games with a +/- of 3. He also had 2 hat tricks and 4 three point games in the 5 games of the month.
- The 22-year-old led Nashville to a record of 7-3-2 in the month of February. Nashville looks to keep pace with the rest of the Western Conference finishing out the year. Forsberg will be a big part of their success the rest of the year and into the playoffs.
This ends another month of the NHL season. As we head toward the playoffs, each team and each player will be playing their best. We will be back here next week.