The Pittsburgh Penguins played host to the Boston Bruins Sunday afternoon at the PPG Paints Arena, the Pens coming away with the full two points. The defending cup champion Penguins improve to 30-11-5 (65 points), as the Bruins drop to 23-21-6 (52 points). This win marks the fourth straight win for Pittsburgh.
Connor Sheary scored twice helping his team cruise past the Black and Gold. Sidney Crosby scored his league-leading 28th goal Sunday afternoon. Bryan Rust and Patric Hornqvist also added goals to their name. Evgeni Malkin picked up two assists, giving him a seven-game point streak. The Penguins lead 2-1 for two periods until they scored three goals in the stretch of 2 minutes, 57 seconds to open the scoring wide open.
David Krejci scored the Bruins lone goal. The B’s have been on a four-game losing streak.
- No Goals Were Scored
- 0:18 PIT – Bryan Rust (12) assists Sidney Crosby, Conor Sheary
- 9:06 PIT – Conor Sheary (16) assists Bryan Rust, Sidney Crosby
- 13:49 BOS – David Krejci (11) assists by David Pastrnak, Matt Beleskey
- 1:40: PIT – Patric Hornqvist (11) assists by Chad Ruhwedel, Evgeni Malkin
- 2:59 PIT – Conor Sheary (17) assists by Phil Kessel, Evgeni Malkin
- Conor Sheary, 2 goals, 1 assist
- Matt Murray, 44 saves
- Sidney Crosby, 1 goal, 2 assists
Boston starts a two game home-stand when they face Detroit on Tuesday.