It’s finally here, game 82. This season really has gone by fast. Win or lose today the Bruins are in the playoffs. With a win they lock up the 3rd seed and most likely play Ottawa in round 1. With a loss they could end up with the 8th seed and Washington in the first round. The Bruins have not been able to pull out a win against either of those teams this year, but that doesn’t always mean much in the playoffs. The Bruins also got swept in the regular season by Pittsburgh in 2013 but beat them in the Easter Conference Finals. People forget that.
Promo Code SEATSFOREVERYONE $10 Off Orders of $150+
Bruins Keys to the Game
- Get the young guys to contribute. Its looking like the Bruins will be putting some new faces on the ice in todays game. Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson is finally eligible to play and looks to slot in somewhere in the lineup tonight. With Torey Krug out Collin Miller will see an uptick in ice time, and with Marchand suspended Frank Vatrano may get the nod for 1st line again.
- Protect the net around Khudobin. Bruins need to clear the net in front of Khudobin and allow him to see the puck. They also need to avoid tips in front of the net and bad rebounds. The Bruins need to make life easy on Khudobin against a formidable Caps offense.
- Take advantage of Caps resting players. The Captials have locked everything at this point and does not need this win at all. The Bruins do. If the Caps aren’t playing all their starters the Bruins need to take advantage and get a win
Captials Keys to the Game
- Don’t get anyone hurt. Caps have home ice locked up throughout the playoffs. Their biggest concern now is just making sure their team is as healthy and rested heading into the playoffs
- Thats pretty much it. This game is meaningless to them. The Caps have been far and away the best team in hockey this season. They’re going to end the season with the most points regardless of the outcome today. Expect the Capitals to rest some of their star players, and don’t expect Braden Holtby to be in net.
Should be a good tilt. It’s a game that means a lot more to the Bruins than it does the Captials so we should hope to see them play with more purpose and urgency. Regardless of how today shakes theres going to be a playoff hockey game here next week. Get excited people.